Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer begins!

Summertime has begun and so far so good.  What I mean by that is there hasn't been any major blow out drag out fights and no serious injuries from playing outside all day.
 I've basically been voiceless for 10 days now after arriving home from New York.   Andrew, Emma and Rylee are enjoying my inability to yell and bark orders for them helping around here.
 I am doing my best to listen to my kids.  When I hear them say "mommy, mama, mom, (or if Andrew is mad) Aimee I want to look and hear them.  I get so busy and find myself saying, "just a minute" "hold on" "I gotta do this real quick then I can.."  When really I want to say yes babe and put down the phone, the dishes, the laundry  - wait, Phil is the clothes folder around here.
 Tomorrow I am sure the kids will start their morning watching Michael Jackson videos, building a fort and wondering why we are out of milk for their cereal.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment